Zemuria (ゼムリア大陸 Zemulia?) is the continent in which the Trails series takes place, following a fictional timeline called the Septian Calendar (七耀暦?). According to overall history of the Trails universe, all the stories where the Kiseki games takes place spans up to nearly 3 years.
Over 1200 years ago, the Zemurian continent was once inhabited by an advanced civilization, the Sept-Terrion. Prior to the series around 50 years ago after the Orbal Revolution (導力革命 Douryoku Kakumei?) and Technical Revolution (技術革命 Gijutsu Kakumei?), the Trails universe utilizes the innovational Orbal energy as the infrastructure to all functional needs to the community.
Liberl is located on its west side, where the series has slowly begun to unreavel the rest of the continent starting from West Zemuria. As of the latest game in the series, a full geography map of the continent and worlds beyond has yet to be revealed.
Zemuria is made up of numerous countries, kingdoms and independent states which include:
- Liberl Kingdom (リベール王国) - where the Trails in the Sky trilogy centralizes.
- Erebonian Empire (エレボニア帝国) -where the Trails of Cold Steel trilogy centralizes.
- Republic of Calvard (カルバード共和国)
- Crossbell State (クロスベル自治州) - where the Zero/Ao no Kiseki duology centralizes.
- Principality of Remiferia (レミフェリア公国) - one of the main continents the Akatsuki no Kiseki story centralizes.
- North Ambria State (ノーザンブリア自治州)
- Leman State (レマン自治州)
- Holy Nation of Alteria (アルテリア法国)
- Ored Province (オレド自治州)