|The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III|
Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki San
|Developer(s)||Nihon Falcom Corporation|
|Publisher(s)||Nihon Falcom Corporation|
|Previous||The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II|
|Official Site (Japan)|
“You, you guys walk looking straight ahead… Just go earnestly, single-mindedly forward…”
- —First sentence of the Prologue
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki San?) is the second sequel to the Cold Steel story arc following The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II. It is scheduled to be released in later autumn 2017.
This game marks it the first Trails game of the Legend of Heroes franchise to be released on Playstation 4.
“You, you guys walk looking straight ahead…”
“Just go earnestly, single-mindedly forward…”
—Those words determined their perseverance and resolution.
Already spring in the year SC1206, nearly a year-and-a-half after the civil war. The Erebonian Empire has annexed Zemuria’s greatest trade city, Crossbell State, and onto the North Ambria State a few months later. A long adversarial has passed, where the Empire has significantly exceeded its longtime rival, the Calvard Republic, and in both reality and name has become the continent’s greatest nation.
On the other hand, the Imperial Government has centralized its power, where the areas once ruled by nobles have weakened by the distribution of unified tax. New problems and chaos of the weakening had started arising.
Meanwhile, the secret organization "Ouroboros" secretly maneuvered in the shadows of the past events, broke its silence and began to move behind closed doors by blending with the activities of the Jaeger Corps and the Republic.
Concurrently, a black-haired young man arrives in the Imperial western suburb of Reaves. Rean Schwarzer, the young "Ashen Chevalier" who triumphed the civil war with his Class VII companions by piloting the Ashen Knight, Valimar, and furthered played an active role in the Crossbell Front and Northern War.
Following his graduation from the prestigious Thors Military Academy in February, he chose the path of becoming an "instructor" and takes up a new post at a certain new facility, the Thors Military Academy Reaves II Branch.
Due to the enrollment of the crown prince, the main school has become a full-fledged military school. The branch campus has an extended enrollment to accept nobles, problematic children, foreigners, and youths alike, with its headmaster who once served as the general commander of the old Noble Alliance.
Among the three classes that make up the school, there is the new Class VII "Special Duty Division", a special duty class with a small number of students where Rean is the instructor.
- Rean Schwarzer: The main protagonist of the Cold Steel series. An Eight Leaves One Blade swordsman, who became one of the Knight Awakeners to Valimar, the Ashen Knight. Formerly a member of Class VII, he acts as the classes new instructor.
- Kurt Vander: The younger brother of Muller Vander, who recommended him to enroll in Thors as a member of the new Class VII.
- Juna Crawford: A teenage girl from Crossbell, and a former member of it's Police Academy. She joins Class VII following the annexation of Crossbell.
- Altina Orion: A member of the Ironbloods, she was enrolled in the new Class VII following Rean's inauguration as a teacher.
- Alisa Reinford: One of the main heroines of Class VII and the heiress of the Reinford Group, the path she chose herself after graduating from Thors.
- Musse Egret: A member of Thor's “Class IX: Accounting Division", Musse is a girl born to a noble family. However, there is something unfathomable about her, as she tries to seduce newcomer professor Rean at every opportunity.
- Ash Carbide: Ash is a member of Thor's “Class VIII: Tactics Division". For some reason, he is provocative towards professor Rean, picking a fight at every opportunity.
Toshihiro Kondo stated that characters from both the Liberl and Crossbell story arcs will appear in the game. While the game is under development stage, news of its release date has not yet been set for the game except that it is scheduled for 2017. Currently, a release date has not yet been set for the game except that it is scheduled for 2017. The game is being developed for Playstation 4, with the possibility of a Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita release are under rumors.
According to Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo, this may be the largest game in the Sen no Kiseki story arc. Promotional art and advertisements indicate possibilities of the game taking place, at least to some degree, in Crossbell.