|The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III|
Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki San
|Developer(s)||Nihon Falcom Corporation|
|Publisher(s)||Nihon Falcom Corporation|
|Release||September 28, 2017|
|Official Site (Japan)|
“You, you guys walk looking straight ahead… Just go earnestly, single-mindedly forward…”
- —First sentence of the Prologue
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki San?) is the second sequel to the Cold Steel story arc following The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II. It is scheduled to be released in later autumn 2017, until it was officially declared September 28, 2017.
This game marks it the first Trails game of the Legend of Heroes game franchise to be released on Playstation 4.
“You, you guys walk looking straight ahead…”
“Just go earnestly, single-mindedly forward…”
—Those words determined their perseverance and resolution.
S.1206 in the spring season where a year-and-a-half has passed since the civil war. The Erebonian Empire has already annexed Zemuria’s greatest trade city, Crossbell State, and then the North Ambria State a few months later. After years of ongoing conflict, Erebonia has finally exceeded its longtime adversary, the Calvard Republic, and has become both in reality and name the continent’s greatest nation.
Meanwhile, new problems and chaos have began uprising inside and out of the Empire. The Imperial Government with its centralized power, imposed the act of unified tax distribution whereas weakening the nobles and their ruling territories. The secret society known as "Ouroboros", have broken its silence from secretly maneuvering in the shadows, and started moving behind the activities of the Jaeger Corps and the Republic to reclaim back their Phantasmal Blaze Plan.
Concurrently in the Imperial western suburb of Reeves lies Rean Schwarzer, the young who triumphed the war with Class VII, the Thors student body, and the awakened Ashen Knight, Valimar. After being hailed the "Ashen Chevalier" for his efforts, he was obligated to actively confront with the Crossbell Front and Northern War. Following his graduation from the prestigious Thors Military Academy in February, he chose the path of becoming a "school instructor" at the Thors Military Academy Reaves II Branch School, Thors' new campus facility.
The branch campus has an extended application for nobles, problematic children and foreigners alike to apply. Its headmaster was the former general commander of the Noble Alliance. Far more welcoming than the main Thors campus, which has transformed into a full-fledged military school due to the enrollment of the crown prince.
Among the three classes that make up the curriculum, lies the new Class VII "Special Duty Division", a special duty class with a small number of students where Rean supervises as the instructor. Thus the final chapter begins...
- Rean Schwarzer: The main protagonist of the Cold Steel series. An Eight Leaves One Blade swordsman, who became one of the Knight Awakeners to Valimar, the Ashen Knight. Formerly a member of Class VII, he acts as the class's new instructor.
- Kurt Vander: The younger brother of Mueller Vander, who recommended him to enroll in Thors as a member of the new Class VII.
- Juna Crawford: A teenage girl from Crossbell, and a former member of it's Police Academy. She joins Class VII following the annexation of Crossbell.
- Altina Orion: A member of the Ironbloods, she was enrolled in the new Class VII following Rean's inauguration as a teacher.
New Characters Edit
- Major Michael: A serious and straight-laced elite special duty major of the Railway Military Police who fought alongside Prince Olivert during the Civil War.
- Musse Egret: A member of Thor's “Class IX: Accounting Division", Musse is a girl born to a noble family. However, there is something unfathomable about her, as she tries to seduce newcomer professor Rean at every opportunity.
- Ash Carbide: Ash is a member of Thor's “Class VIII: Tactics Division". For some reason, he is provocative towards professor Rean, picking a fight at every opportunity.
Support Characters Edit
- Towa Herschel: A Thors alumni who was formerly the student council president. She becomes the instructor in charge of “Class IX: Accounting Division” at Thors Academy Reaves II Campus.
- Aurelia Le Guin:: The young countess of the Le Guin family, and master swordswoman of the Vander and Arseid schools. After the Civil War, she appoints as headmaster of the Reeves II Campus.
- G. Schmidt: One of the three disciples of the great Professor C. Epstein, and head authority of Erebonia's Orbal technology. He serves as Reeves II Campus's special advisor while being under government surveillance.
- Elise Schwarzer: The noble daughter of the Schwarzer Barony, and Rean's younger sister. She becomes St. Astria's student council president after the civli war, but grows worrisome for her brother's current diligence from his "war hero" status.
- Alfin Reise Arnor: Olivier's younger sister and crown princess of the Royal Family. Although she moved up to the next grade with Elise at St. Astria, she becomes worried about the complications looked down her family and her brother's new character.
- Cedric Reise Arnor: Olivier's younger brother and Alfin's twin sister of the Royal family. He enrolled at the Thors main campus following his rehabilitation from the Vermillion climax. The young legitimate prince still looks up to Osborne with influence in accordance to his behavioral change since the war.
Original Class VII Edit
- Alisa Reinford: One of the main heroines of Class VII and the heiress of the Reinford Group, the path she chose herself after graduating from Thors.
- Elliot Craig: A main character and close friend of Rean's who goes onto pursuing a career in music professionally after graduating from Thors, recently making his solo debut but still carries his Orbal Staff.
- Laura S. Arseid: A main heroine of the original Class VII from the noble Arseid family.
- Fie Claussell: A main heroine of the original Class VII who was once a Jaeger.
- Emma Millstein: A main heroine of the original Class VII.
- Machias Regnitz: A main character. After graduating from Thors, his view of nobles completely changes but after moving to the Crossbell State, he begins to view some of the nobles as he once did all of them.
- Jusis Albarea: A main character and a noble of the Albarea family who are in charge of the Kreuzen Province. His relationship with Machias improves than when they had first met.
- Gaius Worzel: A main character of the original Class VII
- Millium Orion: A major character from the original Class VII. Her fighting style resembles that of Altina's.
- Tita Russell: One of the main characters of the Trails of the Sky trilogy. From her old friend, Oliver; she enrolls in the Reeves II Campus to learn more about Orbal Engineering from her grandfather's old colleague.
- Agate Crosner: One of the main characters of the Trails of the Sky trilogy. He became an A-Rank Bracer following the Calamity of Liberl events, and is undergoing an internal investigation per Olivier's request.
- Tio Plato: One of the main characters of the Zero/Ao duology and member of the Special Support Section. Now the head engineer of the Epstein Foundation, she resides in Crossbell to support her friends while being an undercover liaison despite under Imperial surveillance.
- Randy Orlando: One of the main characters of the Zero/Ao duology, member of the Special Support Section, and former ace jaeger of the Red Constellation. After receiving word from a certain someone, he goes to the Empire as Class VIII's instructor in the new Reaves II Campus as another wall to overcome for Crossbell's independence.
- Olivier Lenheim: One of the central characters of the Trails Series. His real name is Olivert Reise Arnor, the first-born illegitimate prince of Erebonia, also known as the Debaucherous Prince. With the Empire in Orbourne's hands, he built the Reeves II Campus as another piece of 'resistance' with little authority he was left.
- Ouroboros: The mysterious organization whose shady operations work on a global scale across the entire Zemuria continent. They reenter Erebonian territory again dispatching its powerful members to reclaim the hijacked Phantasmal Blaze Plan back from Osborne.
- Campanella: The No.0 Enforcer nicknamed "The Fool". He appears per story arc of the series as observator of the projects as stages for the Master Plan.
- McBurn: The No.1 Enforcer otherwise known as the "Almighty Conflagration" and the "Blazing Demon". He joins the mission to satisfy his extended starvation for power since the final battle in the previous game.
- Shirley Orlando: The No. 17 Enforcer nicknamed the "Crimson Berserker", and "Bloody Shirley" in the Red Constellation. She and Mariabell joined Ouroboros after the event of Ao no Kiseki, and joins the mission with her jaeger batallion by orders of the new third Anguis.
- Arianrhod: The seventh Anguis nicknamed the "Steel Maiden". A beautiful female knight whose characteristics reflect the legendary Lance Maiden, she joins on the mission with her legion of squires, the Stahlritter.
Toshihiro Kondo stated that characters from both the Liberl and Crossbell story arcs will appear in the game. While the game is under development stage, news of its release date has not yet been set for the game except that it is scheduled for 2017. Currently, a release date has not yet been set for the game except that it is scheduled for 2017. The game is being developed for Playstation 4, with the possibility of a Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita release are under rumors.
According to Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo, this may be the largest game in the Sen no Kiseki story arc. Promotional art and advertisements indicate possibilities of the game taking place, at least to some degree, in Crossbell.Falcom announced about the Limited Edtion of the game called the First Limited Kiseki Box filled with the following contents.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Original Soundtrack Mini Limited Edition: Includes an arranged selection of background music from the game.
- Class VII: "Special Duty Division” SD Rubber Straps Set:' A set of four, SD-illustrated rubber straps of the four main protagonists.
- Trails of Cold Steel III Full-Color Art Book: A 128-page color art book featuring image illustrations of each character, cut-ins, image boards, in-game portraits, and numerous graphical visuals of all.
- Original DLC: "An Invitation from Thors Main Campus" – A product code to download the original crimson uniform worn by the Thors Main Campus for the new Class VII members.
On May 25, 2017, Dengeki Playstation announced their own brand deluxe set of the game called the Dengeki Special Pack with the following contents.
- Yuna's "Lloyd Imitation" SSS Uniform DLC
- A Special B2 Fabric Poster
- "Instructor Rean's Class Roster" Character File
- Original T-Shirt and Shoulder Tote
- ↑ http://gematsu.com/2017/03/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-prologue-main-characters
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://gematsu.com/2017/05/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-agate-crosner-tita-russell-g-schmidt
- ↑ http://www.4gamer.net/games/328/G032807/20161220007/
- ↑ http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/526/1526144/