|The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III|
Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki San
|Developer(s)||Nihon Falcom Corporation|
|Publisher(s)||Nihon Falcom Corporation|
|Release||September 28, 2017|
|Previous||The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II|
|Official Site (Japan)|
“You, you guys walk looking straight ahead… Just go earnestly, single-mindedly forward…”
- —First sentence of the Prologue
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki San?) is the second sequel to the Cold Steel story arc following The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II. It is scheduled to be released in later autumn 2017, until it was officially declared September 28, 2017.
This game marks it the first Trails game of the Legend of Heroes game franchise to be released on Playstation 4.
“You, you guys walk looking straight ahead…”
“Just go earnestly, single-mindedly forward…”
—Those words determined their perseverance and resolution.
Already spring in the year SC1206, nearly a year-and-a-half after the civil war. The Erebonian Empire has annexed Zemuria’s greatest trade city, Crossbell State, and onto the North Ambria State a few months later. The Empire has significantly exceeded its longtime adversary, the Calvard Republic, and has become both in reality and name the continent’s greatest nation.
On the other hand, the Imperial Government has centralized its power, where the areas once ruled by nobles have weakened by the distribution of unified tax. New problems and chaos of the weakening had started arising.
Meanwhile, the secret organization "Ouroboros" secretly maneuvered in the shadows of the past events, broke its silence and began to move behind closed doors by blending with the activities of the Jaeger Corps and the Republic.
Concurrently, a black-haired young man arrives in the Imperial western suburb of Reaves. Rean Schwarzer, the young "Ashen Chevalier" who triumphed the civil war with his Class VII companions by piloting the Ashen Knight, Valimar, and furthered played an active role in the Crossbell Front and Northern War.
Following his graduation from the prestigious Thors Military Academy in February, he chose the path of becoming an "instructor" and takes up a new post at a certain new facility, the Thors Military Academy Reaves II Branch.
Due to the enrollment of the crown prince, the main school has become a full-fledged military school. The branch campus has an extended enrollment to accept nobles, problematic children, foreigners, and youths alike, with its headmaster who once served as the general commander of the old Noble Alliance.
Among the three classes that make up the school, there is the new Class VII "Special Duty Division", a special duty class with a small number of students where Rean is the instructor.
- Rean Schwarzer: The main protagonist of the Cold Steel series. An Eight Leaves One Blade swordsman, who became one of the Knight Awakeners to Valimar, the Ashen Knight. Formerly a member of Class VII, he acts as the class's new instructor.
- Kurt Vander: The younger brother of Mueller Vander, who recommended him to enroll in Thors as a member of the new Class VII.
- Juna Crawford: A teenage girl from Crossbell, and a former member of it's Police Academy. She joins Class VII following the annexation of Crossbell.
- Altina Orion: A member of the Ironbloods, she was enrolled in the new Class VII following Rean's inauguration as a teacher.
New Characters Edit
- Musse Egret: A member of Thor's “Class IX: Accounting Division", Musse is a girl born to a noble family. However, there is something unfathomable about her, as she tries to seduce newcomer professor Rean at every opportunity.
- Ash Carbide: Ash is a member of Thor's “Class VIII: Tactics Division". For some reason, he is provocative towards professor Rean, picking a fight at every opportunity.
- Major Michael: A serious and straight-laced elite special duty major of the Railway Military Police who fought alongside Prince Olivert during the Civil War.
- Alisa Reinford: One of the main heroines of Class VII and the heiress of the Reinford Group, the path she chose herself after graduating from Thors.
- Towa Herschel: Former student council president of Thors, she becomes the professor in charge of “Class IX: Accounting Division” at Thors Military Academy Reaves II Branch School.
- Aurelia Le Guin:: The young countess of the Le Guin family, and master swordswoman of the Vander and Arseid schools. After the Civil War, she appoints as headmaster of the Reeves II Campus.
- G. Schmidt: One of the three disciples of the great Professor C. Epstein, and head authority of Erebonia's Orbal technology. He serves as Reeves II Campus's special advisor while being under government surveillance.
- Tita Russell: One of the main characters of the Trails of the Sky trilogy. From her old friend, Oliver; she enrolls in the Reeves II Campus to learn more about Orbal engineering from her grandfather's old friend.
- Agate Crosner: One of the main characters of the Trails of the Sky trilogy. He became an A-Rank Bracer following the events of the Calamity of Liberl, and is undergoing an internal investigation per Olivier's request.
Toshihiro Kondo stated that characters from both the Liberl and Crossbell story arcs will appear in the game. While the game is under development stage, news of its release date has not yet been set for the game except that it is scheduled for 2017. Currently, a release date has not yet been set for the game except that it is scheduled for 2017. The game is being developed for Playstation 4, with the possibility of a Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita release are under rumors.
According to Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo, this may be the largest game in the Sen no Kiseki story arc. Promotional art and advertisements indicate possibilities of the game taking place, at least to some degree, in Crossbell.Falcom announced about the Limited Edtion of the game called the First Limited Kiseki Box filled with the following contents.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Original Soundtrack Mini Limited Edition: Includes an arranged selection of background music from the game.
- Class VII: "Special Duty Division” SD Rubber Straps Set:' A set of four, SD-illustrated rubber straps of the four main protagonists.
- Trails of Cold Steel III Full-Color Art Book: A 128-page color art book featuring image illustrations of each character, cut-ins, image boards, in-game portraits, and numerous graphical visuals of all.
- Original DLC: "An Invitation from Thors Main Campus" – A product code to download the original crimson uniform worn by the Thors Main Campus for the new Class VII members.