The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, known as Eiyū Densetsu VI Sora no Kiseki FC (英雄伝説VI 空の軌跡FC Eiyū Densetsu Shikkusu Sora no Kiseki FC?) in Japan, is a game for the PC and the PSP that was released in Japan in 2006. It was released in North America on March 29, 2011, and in Europe on November 4, 2011. As the Kiseki games chronology kept the popularity, Kadokawa Games decided to make remake the game and the other Kiseki titles. The remake for this title, The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki - FC Evolution is shecduled to be released on June 11, 2015.
Starting ten years after the Hundred Days War, it involves Estelle and Joshua Bright as they become and grow as Bracers. Eventually they gain new comrades and learn of a dark plot that threatens to restart the war, and are swept into a quest to protect the Queen, country, and honor.
The game takes place in the Liberl Kingdom, 10 years after the great invasion of Erebonian Empire from the north. Currently it is being governed by Queen Alicia II and restored back to its peaceful state before the war. The kingdom thrives of materials and high technology which is eyed closely by the Erebonian Empire.
The main character is Estelle Bright, daughter of Cassius Bright, who is a legend within the kingdom. During the great war, Erebonians managed to break their way through to the capital city. Here, under the direction and counter-attack planned by Cassius, Liberl launched a retaliation that forced the opponent to retreat back to the borders within a few weeks. After the war, Cassius gave up his sword and left the army, joining the Bracers guild and enhancing it to its glory state and was given the S ranking.
Estelle is completely ignorant of her father's past and history but settles comfortably in the house at Rolent. When she was at a young age, her father was assaulted by a young child of amazing combat abilities but loses his memory in the fight and becomes adopted by Cassius. This child was named Joshua Bright and is the main male character of the story. From there Estelle was taught the usage of the staff and starts off the story on the day when she is going to join the Bracers guild with Joshua.
As the story progresses, the quests undertaken by the Bracers unveil the dark side of the government and a faction of the army that decides to overthrow the old queen. This eventually lead to the exploration of ancient places in the Liberl Kingdom. It turns out that the general of the army was just being used by a mastermind who has the ability to control people's minds. This also leads on to the second story, with Joshua's past unveiled at the end.
- Estelle Bright (エステル・ブライト Esuteru Burrito?): The main heroine lead for the first two games in the trilogy. A Junior Bracer who goes on a journey to become a Senior Bracer.
- Joshua Bright (ヨシュア・ブライト Yoshua Burrito?): The main male lead for the first two games in the trilogy. Estelle's adopted brother who also follows Estelle to become a Senior Bracer.
- Scherazard Harvey (シェラザード・ハーヴェイ Sherazaado Haavei?): A female Senior Bracer with silver hair and dark skin, nicknamed "Silver Streak".
- Olivier Lenheim (オリビエ・レンハイム Olibie Renheimu?): A handsome blond man from the Erebonian empire who claims to be a traveling musician.
- Agate Crosner (アガット・クロスナー Agatto Kurosunaa?): A red-headed B-ranked Senior Bracer with a distaste for junior Bracers like Estelle.
- Klose Rinz (クローゼ・リンツ Kurooze Rintsu?): A female student in the Royal Jenis academy in rural Ruan area.
- Tita Russell (ティータ・ラッセル Tiita Rasseru?): The 12-year-old granddaughter of Albert Russell, the founding father of Orbment technology in the kingdom and a genius inventor.
- Zane Vathek (Jin Vasekku ジン・ヴァセック?): A giant of a man hailing from the Calvard Republic, he is a skilled martial artist and one of the highest-ranking bracers in the entire world.
The game's soundtrack was produced by Falcom Sound Team jdk members Hayato Sonoda, Wataru Ishibashi and Takahide Murayama. The original game soundtrack, "The Legend of Heroes VI - Sora no Kiseki OST" was released on July 30, 2004 onto 2 CDs and it was published by Falcom.
Other soundtracks were released beforehand such as "The Legend of Heroes VI - Sora no Kiseki Super Arrange Version" which came with the first print editions of Sora no Kiseki for the PC. It was arranged by Yukihiro Jindo and Kohei Wada and the soundtrack is basically a redone arranged version of 10 tracks from the game.
There was an English soundtrack, "The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Musical Selections", which was a single CD with parts of the OST from the original game. It came with the premium edition of the game. There is also an album called "Falcom Sound Team jdk: Unused Music", which shows unused tracks that never made it into the final game and it was released on June 24, 2004.
The theme song "Hoshi No Arika", lyrics were written by Hidaki Hamada. The chorus was done by Kazuko Ito with vocals by u-mi. It was arranged by Kohei Wada, and the person who did the music recording was Kazuhiro Myiyasaka from the company, PRESSTONE. The song was part of many of the above soundtracks. It was also a CD single given as bonus for buying the original PC game from Falcom.