Let’s get going. Crossbell’s future isn’t going to realize itself, you know!
- —Lloyd's intro quote, Trails of Cold Steel 2
Lloyd Bannings is lead protagonist of Zero/Ao duology, and a main protagonist of the Trails Series. He is the de-facto leader of the Special Support Section, the Crossbell Police Department's newest division.
Lloyd appears as a young man with short brown hair. He is honest and straight forward and zealously opposes injustice and violence.
Lloyd lived overseas in Calvard with his relatives. Determined to seek the truth of his older brother's death three years prior to the duology, he decided to join the force as Crossbell's police department, managing to get his detective license and passing the qualification exam with flying colors at the Police Academy.
Lloyd is a balanced character who utilizes dual tonfas for close-range combat. His statistics are similar to Estelle Bright's, except that his attack range is 1 square shorter. His crafts are focused on area attacks, self-buffs, and stunning the enemy. His Orbment slot has 2 lines.
Lloyd becomes a playable character during the epilogue of Trails of Cold Steel II, which incidentally marks his first official playable appearance outside of Asia.
- According to Estelle during their first meeting, she giggled about her and Lloyd's names being the same as her friends came home in Liberl.
- In Japan, he is best known as the "Capturing King", because he has been liked by every beautiful female character he has an encounter with.
- Because of this, Randy sometimes yells out in jealously, that most women go for Lloyd rather than him first.
- Lloyd uses the same weapon as a Suikoden II protagonist, Riou.