"As long as there is guidance of the goddess and the wind… I don’t mind suffering."
- —Gaius, Trails of Cold Steel II
Gaius Worzel is a main character of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel trilogy. He is an exchange student from the Nord Highlands. Normally living as a nomad, he attends Thors Military Academy to better understand the world, and ends up joining Class VII. He is a playable character in the Trails of Cold Steel trilogy.
Gaius is a person of the Nord Highlands. He has wavy brown hair which is tied into a short ponytail, tan skin and light blue eyes. Gaius is a calm and collected character. He is the sort of person who can discern the true nature of things without prejudice. His personality without any sense of discrimination, leads him to be heavily relied on by the members of Class VII.
In Trails of Cold Steel, he wears the alternative special Class VII Thors uniform, in a similar style to Elliot. His sleeves are kept rolled and wears sandals instead of shoes because of his homeland cultures. He also sports his own pants like every other character.
Gaius is a very respectable and kind character. Because of these character traits, he is respected by all of his Class VII classmates and is the least to end up in arguments. His mature personality allows him to make quick friends with the likes of Rean and Elliot, as well as his female classmates. In battle, Gaius can become fierce when it comes to protecting his friends.
Descended from the Nord Highlands located in the northeast of the Empire, he is a young man of the “Nord People,” nomads who have strong faith in the wind and goddess. In order to protect his hometown, as well as to broaden his own perspective, he entered the special “Class VII” of Thors Military Academy as an exchange student, where he gained the Empire as a second hometown in addition to treasured friends.
After the Civil War ended, Gaius, who promised to reunite with Rean and the others, returned home to the Nord Highlands where the danger of war had once again drawn close. As the sporadic war between the Republic Army of Calvard, which was defeated in Crossbell, and the Imperial Army of Erebonia happened over again, Gaius kept a watchful eye on the Nord people to protect their safety, but—.
For some reason, it seems that contact between Gaius and the members of Class VII is impossible for the time being.
Character Profile Edit
Trails of Cold Steel Year 1, Class VII, Art Club
A tall exchange student. Soft-spoken, but has a strong sense of integrity. Can be relied on when it counts.
- Homeland: Gaius' homeland, the Nord Highlands, is where Emperor Dreichels rose his army during the War of the Lions.
- Resolve: Gaius chose to enroll at the academy to learn more about the outside world and better protect his homeland.
- Painter: Gaius was painting the scenery of the Nord Highlands, hoping to return there with his class one day.
Trails of Cold Steel II Edit
Year 1, Class VII, Art Club
An exchange student from the Nord Highlands. Reliable and always calm, he sees the Empire as his second home.
- Resolve: He resolves to leave Nord behind in order to protect his second home of Erebonia, but swears to return again.
- Warriors of Nord: Gaius quietly wishes to fight on the same level as his father and Brigadier General Bardias one day.
- Teachings of a Priest: He learned a lot from an elderly priest who often came to Nord to hold classes there.
- He joins the Arts Club in the Academy.
- He is the eldest of the four siblings in his family.
- His bonding trophy in Trails of Cold Steel is called "Wind Beneath My Wings".
- His bonding trophy in Trails of Cold Steel II is called "Winderlust".