Fishing (釣り Tsuri) is one of the mini-activities done in the Trails Games. First introduced in Trails in the Sky as a mini-event (followed by the 3rd), the activity eventually became a recurring minigame for the rest of the Trails Games, and later evolved into an essential necessity for completing the Fish Journals through the upcoming continuity.
Rules to Play
- Continue through the correct rod/bait combination in your inventory to reel the right fish through trial and error.
- Discovering the nearest fishing spot within the games' accessible locations (limited per chapter)
- Throw in the line, wait after a short period before an (!) appears indicating you caught a bite!
- Press the O "button" to reel it in.
- Completing the Journals will be rewarded the Angler Lord (爆釣王) achievements and trophies in the PS3/VITA games.
- Before the Cold Steel trilogy, some fish appear almost instantly after the casting animation finishes.