Estelle Bright is the main character/heroine of the Trails in the Sky trilogy.
Character and AppearanceEdit
Estelle is a rather young woman, aged 16 at the start of the game. She wears red shoes and a maroon skirt, along with a pair of black compression shorts. Over this, she wears a light-brown apron-like cover, and a white undershirt. Over this, she wears a rib-high, sleeve-less jacket and brown gloves.
As a person, Estelle is a rather naive and straightforward girl who is always energetic and positive. She is very boyish in appearance and attitude, and has a "hit first and ask later" attitude.
Estelle was born in rural Rolent to Cassius Bright and Rena Bright on 8-7-1186 of the Septian Calendar. When Estelle was 6, her mother was killed in the bombing of Rolent during the Hundred Days War, as she protected her in Rolent's clock tower. It is this traumatizing event that first inspires Estelle to become a Bracer, as she chooses to be brave and courageous like her mother.
Five years before the events of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, when Estelle was 11, her father came home late with a wounded boy in his hands. The boy spoke nothing of his past, and Estelle and Cassius decide to adopt him.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyEdit
Five years later, after being tutored by Scherazard Harvey and her father, both Estelle and Joshua are on the verge of becoming Bracers. Their initiation test is to search the Rolent Sewers and bring back the contents of a chest. The two succeed, and take various other tests about learning the tools of the trade (also effectively providing a tutorial for the player). Once they become Junior Bracers, Aina Holden reveals that two local boys went into the dangerous Esmelas Tower, and Joshua and Estelle move to rescue them. Once they do, Cassius intervenes, saving the four children.
Estelle is less than satisfied that she needed her father's help for the mission, but Joshua cheers her up. Later that night, Cassius reveals that must leave for some business in the Erebonian Empire, and when he leaves, Estelle and Joshua will take over the jobs he left for them in his absence.
The Legend of Heroes: Zero no KisekiEdit
- Estelle and Joshua make a first appearance by saving Lloyd's team in Crossbell during a bus accident. They also confront Lloyd-Randy and Wazy-Wald in the Old town Race.
- After Estelle and Joshua appeared, they can be met in certain places where they are by checking the Bulletin Board at Crossbell's Bracer Guild.
- The two bracers join in for the final dungeon as playable characters and take back Renne with them to Liberl Kingdom.
The Legend of Heroes: Ao no KisekiEdit
Estelle, Joshua, and Renne reappear in the Crossbell State per Kevin's request to help fighting one of three Aion robots that guard Crossbell City from the intruders. They finally succeed to destroy the Aion robot because Pater-Mater self-destructs itself on its own wish to protect Renne. After the loss of Pater-Mater, they can be met once again along with Rozenberg at Inn in Mainz Town. Estelle greets Lloyd and co and tells them that Renne is exhausted and is sleeping after crying so bad over the loss of Pater-Mater, but Estelle believes that Renne will be alright and can get through it because she had been changing a lot for the past six months spending the time with the Brights.
- A running gag in the series is that Estelle is a horrible cook, despite the fact she does all the cooking for the party via the camp menu.
- Estelle loves fishing and collecting Strega sneakers. She was once an avid insect fanatic, but claims that she's graduated from the hobby.
- Nowa, from the Queen's Blade franchise, seems to be inspired by Estelle.
- Estelle wields the same weapon as McDohl, the main protagonist from Suikoden.
- In Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter during her escape from the Glorious in Chapter VI, Estelle makes a humorous reference to the Ys series by mentioning she won't be able to start a career as "Estelle the Wallcrusher" after trying to destroy a barrier generator with her staff and failing.