Estelle's intro quote, Sora no Kiseki EVOLUTION
Estelle Bright is the main protagonist of the Trails in the Sky trilogy, and is featured as one of Falcom's iconic characters in multiple Falcom subsequent games.
Estelle is a rather young woman, aged 16 at the start of the game. She wears red shoes and a maroon skirt, along with a pair of black compression shorts. Over this, she wears a light-brown apron-like cover, and a white undershirt. Over this, she wears a rib-high, sleeve-less jacket and brown gloves.
As a person, Estelle is a rather naive and straightforward girl who is always energetic and positive. She is very boyish in appearance and attitude, and has a "hit first and ask later" attitude.
- She was voted among the top 50 game charactes, according to the Weekly Famitsu magazine.
- A running gag in the series is that Estelle is a horrible cook, despite the fact she does all the cooking for the party via the camp menu.
- Estelle loves fishing and collecting Strega sneakers. She was once an avid insect fanatic, but claims that she's graduated from the hobby.
- Nowa, from the Queen's Blade franchise, seems to be inspired by Estelle.
- Estelle wields the same weapon as McDohl, the main protagonist from Suikoden.
- In Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter during her escape from the Glorious in Chapter VI, Estelle makes a humorous reference to the Ys series by mentioning she won't be able to start a career as "Estelle the Wallcrusher" after trying to destroy a barrier generator with her staff and failing.