Burst (バースト Baasuto) is a new unique battle gameplay system introduced in The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki in the Zero/Ao duology.
After reaching a certain point in the game, where all the SSS team is assembled, a gauge appears at the top-right screen. By hitting enemies, you earn Burst Points' filling the gauge. When reached maximum, hit the "Burst" command, and all the party member will attack every enemy on the screen. In addition, activating Burst gives the following advantages during its effect.
- All your Party Members will advance towards the next action.
- All Party members recovered from all Status Effects.
- Arts are instantly casted without casting delays.
- The effect can be extended as long as your hitting enemies till the Burst Gauge reaches 0.
There are disadvantages however.
- Passing turns without activating the command while the gauge is at maximum will lose Burst Points.
- The function won't activate until you have a full party of 4 members.
- While the function co-exists in the Trails of Cold Steel games, the duration effects are inherited by the Overdrive System.