|This article may require cleanup, layout set-up, wikification and similar edits to meet our quality standards.|
- "解き放つがいい！ 君の“真実”の一端を──！"
If you want some sliver of the so-called ‘truth’ you’re after, you’re going to have to find it yourself!
- —Blbranc's quote, Trails of Cold Steel II
Baron Bleublanc, publicly known to the world as Phantom Thief B, is a mysterious individual who takes pleasure in confounding his adversaries and posing riddles to thwart them on their quests.
A noble appearing man with light-violet long hair with dreadlocks in front with a violet-pink bow tie around the back hair to make a ponytail, and yellow color eyes. He wears a noble’s white suit of pant and long sleeve coat with a violet belt strap around the waist while wearing a light-blue shirt, and tuck around the neck is a light violet and purple scarf. He wears light grey-violet boots, white gloves, and a white cape that reaches his back knees and is attach by a collar with two light-blue sphere jewels over the shoulders. The accessory he wears is a masquerade silver color mask that has two emerald hawk-eye eyes for sight, and with two white feather decoration on the left and right sides. He also wields a black royal scepter-staff with golden designs, two white-winged feathers, and a top crested red orb jewel; possibly an Orbal Staff.
As a noble, he has a gentleman’s way of speaking towards others. But another side to him is his interest and compassion for all things; Beautiful. He is quite a man to jest when meeting others, as he makes some phrase claims for a man of his stature, as well as a man who has a principle love for all the artwork in the world. But behind all that, there lies a darker side to his brandish light appearance. He is somewhat flashy and dramatic, but with grace, as he acts like an over self-imposing actor when he’s anywhere, it’s like the opening of a stage for him and of how he will perform even on the battlefield. He and Prince Oliver have a shared love of beauty and fundamental difference of opinion on the nature of love, but for Bleublanc, Prince Oliver remains to be an endless source of entertainment for him to enjoy his present company and pictures him as…his rival. He is also a nobleman who could never turn down from a party.
Bleublanc is a world-renowned (or perhaps denounced) figure who is infamous for his thieving abilities. Though he is extremely skilled, owing to his name "Phantom Thief", he does not steal for material gain. Rather, he seems to do so for personal elation, and in the quest for beauty, as he often says.
Many times the protagonists of the Trails Series encounter him on their journeys, to then be given a sort of puzzle; he has stolen something important and tasks the group with finding it, giving them a set of clues to aid them.
SKILLS: A Nobleman with proper uprights to blend into society, yes, but there is more to him than meets the eye. Bleublanc is the renown Phantom Thief B, with skills to perform thievery that seem almost like magic and a master of disguises. He’s stolen jewels and other beautiful art works from Liberl, Crossbell, and Erebonia. He wields an Orbal Staff to allow himself to perform many spells when he’s out on the battlefield. But while his personality is not much to take him seriously, he is one of Ouroboros Enforcer: No. X. So he is quite strong, that if his opponents are not careful, he will catch them in his next SURPRISE Act. He can fight by throwing cards or casting Orbal Arts, even spells, he’s just full of surprises.
Battle Scope: Enforcer No. X, also known as the Phantom Thief. Can steal anything with grace, even the lives of foes.
- Minion appear: He wields up his staff, the jewel glows a bright red with glimmer yellow aura of lights. Then a violet cloud appears around the field, as he calls forth minions to his aid: which are any type of Archaisms. Examples: Tri-Attacker R2, Phalanx J9.
- Evil Card: He wields up a card from his left hand, tossed it to hit a certain target to cause great damage. Effect: Sleep.
- Akashic Rain: Twirls his staff upwards before the jewel emits a bright red glow. Then a red mist forms above before a red rain drops fall in delivering a good deal of damage on the target. Effect: CRITICAL, ATK Down, STR Down.
- Magic Knives: Summons magic knives out of thin air, then fires them off to strike the target in six spots around them.
**NOTED FACT: Another name similar to this move is called - Aiguille: A spell of which from it’s language, can be translated as: Needles. He summons silver daggers in the air, before firing them off, and when they hit a target’s shadow, the targets will be unable to move; noted to be called: Shadow Weaving.
- Death Magic: Wields his staff outwards that admits a bright violet glow that spreads forth. A dark aura appears underneath the one target, as it rises up before forming what becomes a light grey-purple coffin with a devil’s skull image inside, before the door slams shut, showing the Ouroboros symbol on the front. Then leaping upwards, Bleublanc will appear over night skies and a yellow moon for the beautiful moment, then changes his weapon’s lower staff half into a sword’s edge blade. Wielding a glowing red blade, he’ll swing it with much force, before it impacts the coffin from the above-left corner piercing a downward thrust to where the blade’s tip comes out the bottom right corner of the coffin. Then it’ll open to reveal the target inside gone while a bright red force unlashes a torrent of energy: delivering so much damage it could kill a person. Effect: Poison.
Trails in the Sky SC -
Trails of Cold Steel - Working out of Erebonia as his main base, he garners the name “Phantom Thief B” due to his knack for showing up all throughout Zemuria. However, as he always has a mask on or sports disguises in order to deceive others, his true face remains a mystery. In the first Sen no Kiseki installment, Bleublanc fraudulently held the title of a baron and routinely roped Rean and the other members of Class VII into games revolving around solving riddles so as to test their abilities. He seemingly has an interest in Rean’s latent powers in particular, but, like most everything else revolving around him, the reasons are as of yet unknown.
Trails of Cold Steel II - Works with Duke Cayanne and the Noble Alliance along with other Ouroboros members. Was in in Nord in trying to prevent Rean and ClassVII from shutting down the jammer to get reinforcements for the 5th Armored Division, but was interrupted by Sharon's arrival. Was later seen again in Ymir, with the other Noble Alliance members, before Rean was forced to come aboard their flagship, then the two had a discussion. Then tried to stop Rean from taking Princess Alfin with him, but he got pass, was rescued by their allies before things were left under a more...peaceful resolve. Was later seen again to do battle against Class VII in the Infernal Castle with Duvalie, but jsut before they could turn the tide, Prince Oliver and Toval appeared to get in the way to allow Class VII to keep ascending upwards. What happens afterwards, is left unsolved...
- Bleublanc is an example of the classic gentleman thief stock character.
- His calling card, B printed on cards, may reference the The Pink Panther, who's titular thief left white gloves monogrammed with P at the site of successful heists.
- Bleublanc is French for "blue-white"; it is also the first two colors of France's flag, and represents, respectively, the bourgeoisie and the clergy.
- Alternatively, the colors can represent freedom (blue) and equality (white).