Arianrhod (アリアンロード), also known as The Steel Maiden, is the seventh Anguis of the mysterious Ouroboros society in the Trails universe. She is mentioned throughout the different works of the series.
She is revealed to be a beautiful, stern looking young woman wearing a full plate of knight armour surrounding her body. Arianrhod has long silk blonde hair, braided on the left side of her face and blue eyes.
Being the strongest Anguis of the society, Arianrhod is implied to mastered every school of martial arts. She appears stern as she possesses a strict moral code, and shows no mercy to her enemies.
Arianrhod is the seventh Anguis and the strongest leading member of the Ouroboros secret society. A woman of unknown background and heritage, most of her personal characteristics resemble that of St. Lianne Sandlot, the legendary Erebonian valkyrie who assisted Emperor Dreichels Reise Arnor in the War of the Lions 250 years prior to the The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel trilogy. As of present time, no reasonable explanation can bring the connection her looks, code of honor, and leadership of her personal calvary of elite knights called the Stahlritter, which seems to based after the Eisenritter, the former chivalry order of knights under St. Sandlot's rule. Only few people know the truth of their relationship.
Although belonging in the underbelly of the secret society, Arianrhod is still known for her noble character and supreme skill. In the battlefield while always wearing her silver armor, she fights wielding a huge cavalry spear bestowed by the Divergent Laws of the Grandmaster.
She was stationed in Crossbell to assist the Crois Family commence the Azure Zero Project while the Phantasmal Blaze Plan commences in Erebonia. But the plan was subsequently halted when Osbourne's "revived" and usurped the plan for his agenda. Arianrhod is once again deployed with the Stahlritter and re-enters Imperial grounds to retrieve back the the “Phantasmal Blaze Plan” as the organization's next objective. But just like in Crossbell, it would seems she has a different objective than Campanella and the others…?
- Arianrhod is named after a goddess from Celtic Mythology who's name means "Silver Wheel".
- In Ao no Kiseki, Arianrhod's powers are described by the Special Support Section transcending human limits which is possible, estimating to by on the same level as the Divine Blade.
- Defeating her in battle results in her commenting that the protagonists have the potential to one day reach the level of the Divine Blade.
- It also earns/unlocks the Those That Surpass Steel (鋼に届きし者) achievement/secret gold trophy.
- She makes a non-cameo appearance in Trails of Cold Steel, assisting Class VII in Lohengrin Castle.